Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Nov 15 to Nov 30th


11-15-2010
I didn't feel great today, but headed out for a ride and got to the trail around 4:30. I did two laps. 30:38 and 31:11. Not fast at all. I was a bit sore from yesterday and I could definitely feel it in my knees from standing up on my pedals yesterday. I did 12 miles today and now have 644 on my bike total.

11-16-2010
While cleaning up for my trip home, I decided to clean out my camelbak. I cleaned it last week, but I didn't clean out the hose too well. It turns out that the hose had a ton of black brown red stuff in it. Yay. I think this may be the reason I've been getting sick after riding.

No ride today mostly because I decided to eat 32 oz of salsa at about 3pm. Why did I eat so much? I don't know. I do know I didn't feel awesome afterward. Interestingly, I woke up and weighed myself in at 166.4 lbs this morning. My only "meal" today was the salsa. I weighed 174 lbs at 7 pm. No bueno. No bueno.

11-17-2010
2 early morning laps at Pinehurst this morning with times of 28:38 and 28:42. I was movin! That's 12 miles for the day and 656 miles on the bike so far.

I'm really excited to see my wife and family again today which probably explains my ability to be up at 6 AM. I am going to miss riding the Cog for a few weeks, so my Trek will get some use while I'm home. I hope it's ready to be ridden.

There are the new AIT scanners at PBI. A woman in front of me was picked to go through and opted out to get a pat down. I'm thinking that the American public may not be cool with the new scanners.

11-18-2010
No ride today, since it was my first day home and I drove all over seeing family and doing chores. I did see the bike stand I want now. Park tool PCS-10.

11-19-2010
I rode River Legacy on my brother's 2009 Trek 6500. Fun bike, but definitely felt tiny compared to the Monocog. I rode the path I did last time on the cog and finished in about the same time, 32 minutes. I began at about 4 pm and took a couple of wrong turns. The sun was setting, so not a lot of fun there, especially with sunglasses on. I will probably ride tomorrow without sunglasses. I lost my grip a bit on the north loop where the trail had a bit of mud on it around a corner. I am excited about tomorrow’s time trial. I know I am probably not going to rank high in it, but it's my first competition on a bike ever, so I'm pumped. I am going to take Jamie to work in the morning and then to look at computers with my dad after that. If I can, I will go to try to help out getting the course set up. I don't have a clue how the course will be routed. I need to fix Ryan’s bike computer and his front brake. I may swap in my Trek’s tires if I have time.

11-20-2010
Time Trial results. Lap 1 28:10, lap 2 27:37. Not good at all compared to most peeps who had times as low as 23 minutes. I did have some issues with Ryan’s rear derailleur. It kept skipping as soon as I would be spinning fast. This was annoying and made it difficult to get going very fast. The culprit appears to be the SRAM chain link. I'm going to take it to Bicycles Inc on Sunday to get an idea of what needs to be done.

11-21-2010 to 11-23-2010
No rides. I was busy running around with Jamie and the family as well as trying to get some work done. I made some great pot roast on 11-22 though.


11-24-2010
Jamie and I went to Knobbies and Slicks in Colleyville and spoke with the owner, Bud, for about an hour on what I want to do with my Monocog upgrades. I wanted to see a Niner fork, but was treated to a air carbon fork and frame! The bike was super light and felt awesome. The fit and finish on this bike is phenomenal. I can't wait to eventually to buy one. It was kind of strange because I went in looking for the fork and came out wanting a wheelset and a fork.

11-25-2010
Thanksgiving got cold! It was 61 degrees at 6:30 AM and the temp dropped into the 30s by 8. Jamie, my sister, my brother in law, my nephew, my brother, and I participated in the Fort Worth Turkey Trot 5k "run". There were tons of people out and participating at this event. We all had a good time and walked and jogged where we could. Jamie and I finished together at about 42 minutes. Not a fast time, but she and I certainly haven't been running in some time (years). It was great to get out with my family for the event and I found out Jamie and I can participate in sporting events without getting on each others nerves!


We spent the afternoon getting ready for dinner and preheating some food. We had a big dinner with my parents and siblings, my nephew, as well as my grandma and aunt.

11-26-2010
I drove the wife to work and I got quite a surprise on black Friday when I was driving down 287. I pushed the clutch and it was rock hard. I pushed again and it was on the floor. AA and Eric came to bring the Jeep back to the house. 

We took some interior things out of the jeep to gain access to the transmission.

11-27-2010
Since I had replaced the clutch master cylinder earlier this year or late last year I didn't think the master cylinder could be the problem, which left the slave cylinder as my primary suspect. The slave cylinder is very handily located inside the transmission. In order to get the transmission out all you have to do is remove the front and rear driveshafts, the starter, the shifter, the center console, skid plate, and the 8 bolts that range from 19mm to torx to 1/2.

After we took it all apart and put it back together all while laying on a very cold floor for 8 hours, the bleeder valve would not budge. Eric and I both worked on it for a half an hour and couldn't get it to move. At 6, we called it a day and by 6:30 I was showered and asleep. We were both cold, sore, and very tired.

11-28-2010
The bleeder valve was a non issue today.  It came off immediately! Eric and I wrapped up the clutch issues and had everything back together and working by 3. We gathered borrowed tools and returned them. I was back at the house and getting ready for dinner by 4.

11-29-2010
Today was spent wrapping up things around the house and getting ready for my trip back to Florida.

11-30-2010
I was able to get everything together and packed before I had to leave for my afternoon flight. I'm ready to get back to riding in a warm climate!  I was able to clean my messes up at the house and even get the tree into the house and set up for my wife to decorate.

No comments:

Post a Comment