Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Pinehurst Again, minor injuries too!

8-31-2010
I rode to Pinehurst with Jimmy a little before 6 PM. I rode about 3/4 of the trail on and off with Jimmy. I did notice the log we had seen over the trail was gone, but lots of leaves remained on the trail. The trail was still a bit slick on the logs in some portions. I don't think the sand ever gets better. I don't have a problem pedaling through the sand, but I had cleaning my bike afterwards. I took the reds for the 90% of the trail. Jimmy had his tire go flat again. I think it nay be the wire inside the tire itself popping the tube. The last tube was punctured on the inside of the rim. Maybe the rimstrip needs to be replaced. I had seated the tire right and made sure it was even and not pinched. Anyway, I rode back to the apt as he had a about half a mile walk out of the trail. I hustled back to the apt and put my bike in the back of his truck an headed back to pick him up. I met him near the entrance to Freedom Park and got my bike out of the back and proceeded to ride another lap. I was able to clear some obstacles that stumped me in the earlier lap and yesterday. I was running on all cylinders and then I flipped over the handlebars when I was in the cabbage palms about a mile and a half from the end. It's a part where I have had to get my front wheel into a slot between two cabbage palm trees and turn at the same time. I will try to take a pic or two next time I'm out there. I slowed down because I hit my knee pretty good. I was able to clear a log section towards the end that I hadn't been able to before, so I was pretty happy. I finished in 33 min and headed back to the apt. I knew I had scraped up my arm and it was stinging, but I held off to look at it till I got back. It was no bueno to irrigate my arm. Oh well. I kept the knee moving for another few hours and it seems fine. I did 13.15 miles I'm 1:36:38. First lap was probably near 50-55 min with stopping and helping Jimmy. Total miles do far 102.68.

No comments:

Post a Comment