Search This Blog

Friday, September 3, 2010

September begins!

9-3-2010
I was getting ready to ride about 4 and it was raining. At 5:15, I checked again and it was nice out. Yays. I put my biking clothes on and felt my front tire and it was very very flat. I guess that little hole was enough for that tube. I'm just glad it didn't happen on the trail. So, I took the rim off really quickly and got the tire off surprisingly easy. It was soooo much easier than Jimmy's tire. The new tube (Giant brand) was difficult to seat the valve into the pump on it an took about 10 tries.

On to riding. I left about 5:45 and got to the trail right at 6. I did one lap in 33 min. I should have the double log sets soon! It was pretty wet and the tires heaved clumps of sand onto the back of my legs. The log I had seen over the trail was gone and I didn't have problems clearing some of the stumps like I sometimes do when it's wet. The rain brought tons of humidity to the trail, especially closed in sections.  I got to the part where I fell and I for some reason can't get my front tire to go where I want there.  I may try to swing wide or cut that corner a bit in the hope that I can get through that portion easier.  I did spook a raccoon when I was on the back side by the canal today. He ran in front of me and crossed the trail and headed into the bushes.  He was pretty quick too.

While riding, I knew I wanted to get more miles under me and vary my rides a little, so I headed to Okeeheelee for a few sprints and at one point got to 23.7 mph. That was tiring on a singlespeed! I decided ringer to ride every path and every part of the road at least once. I've not been able to find a way to do the park without going over a few parts you have already done. Totaled 25.53 miles today. I was drenched when I got back, but not crazy tired. My legs still felt good and knees weren't an issue. May need a new saddle for rides like that because I was getting uncomfortable after awhile. I'm at 135.43 miles overall. That's 3 weeks at an average of 45.14 miles per week. I'll have it to 50 miles plus soon. I was able to get almost 60 miles this week though.  Last week killed me with all the rain.

I don't think we will be going to Oleta or Markham this weekend, but hopefully next.  I have to get to the trail early tomorrow (8-9 AM) before the rain comes.  I can feel the cooler weather approaching, but I'm also noticing the sun going down earlier and earlier here.  I guess it's a trade off.

9-2-2010
I've got a small hole in my front tire from a thorn. I hoped it would stay up till I got done with my ride and it did. I rode to Pinehurst and did one loop and headed back. I would have ridden another lap or even tried two more but we had to meet a friend at 6. I did notice a tree down in the first half and had to pick my bike up over. Weather looks wet for the weekend, hopefully not too bad. No knee pain at all. I figured out exactly why I flipped over the other day. It's because I had my body over the front of my bars and I cranked hard with my legs, back of the bike rose up an over I went. Almost happened again, but I caught myself. 34 min on the 4 mike trail. 7.22 miles total today. 109.9 total for the bike.

9-1-2010
No ride today. I had to pick up something from fedex and get Jimmys tire fixed. A very old rimstrip was the issue and it was only a $1 fix. Worked out because I wanted  to rest my knee for the long weekend of riding. Right arm was a pain today because I couldn't set it down on anything or it would stick. Oh yeah, peeps should watch the roads when they drive. I've almost been hit several times crossing at red lights and had a crosswalk signal. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to watch instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment