Search This Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

New Pinehurst record (for a slowpoke)

9-13-2010

So. Work was tiring enough that as soon as I could break away after 5, I was getting my clothes on for a ride. I dropped the tire pressure down to 35 psi in both front and back. I rode pretty quickly to Pinehurst and began almost immediately. I have always done this trail at about 75-80%. Today, I decided to push myself.

I was able to make the first lap in a little under 31 minutes. This was pretty good for me since my fastest lap so far and about the longest I can do on the trail. I was slacking off towards the end of the first lap, but another rider behind me got me to pick up my speed again. 

I took about a 5 minute break and headed back in. I started to go kind of slow to wind down, but I wanted to try to push myself a little more. I finished in almost identical time as the previous lap.

It was definitely a good idea to drop the air pressure as I was able to keep the bike more planted as I went over the roots and stuff much easier.  I got back to the apartment about 7:25 with 12 miles on my bike for the day and 214 overall. My legs are definitely going to be burning tonight! It was quite a bit more enjoyable to push myself rather than just getting through the trail. I'm looking forward to tomorrow and Wednesday's rides before I go back to Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment