Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

21 more miles of fun

I had felt rotten most of the day and have been up since 4 and I couldn't go back to bed. 

I hopped on the saddle at a little before 5:30 in hopes of getting 2 laps in at Pinehurst. First lap was 30 minutes almost exactly. I was smokin, or at least I thought I was. I got passed once and he was way faster than me. Second lap was 31 min. I pushed hard and was ready for a break when I got done. After talking to a guy I saw t the trailhead, 23 minutes is fast and he averages 26 min. I have some work to do. I was a little sloppy on my first lap and reigned it in a bit on the second. I know I can improve still.

I can pass the obstacles here, but I need to work on carrying my speed through turns and when I have to scrub speed to make a turn, I need to get right back on the gas.

I decided to head to Okeeheelee to let my legs spin and get some higher cadences going. I have much more endurance than I did when I started biking a little over a month ago and a significant amount more than last week. I did notice today that my 2 sprints through the trail left me with no cramps in my legs that night or even today. 

Total mileage for the day 21.36. Overall mileage 227.  I found out previous miles were wrong and I was not at 235 as I had previously thought.



No comments:

Post a Comment