Search This Blog

Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July 2011

I have been really really bad about updating my posts. I did recognize a connection to my posting and my riding. If I was posting, I kept riding. When I didn't post, I didn't ride. With that being said, here's what's been going on:

I've been home since mid-February with a couple of trips to Florida for work. I expect a few more in the next few months, but nothing crazy like it has been for the last 6 years. I have started riding more recently thanks to the people at Knobbies and Slicks. When I bought my Niner, I asked if I could come up to learn about bikes and how to work on them. Bud probably thought I was just another person  blowing smoke until I started coming up every Saturday for the past month and a half to help out. The store recently grew to over double its original size and they seemed to need help in getting stuff set up in the new much bigger store. Jamie is working most weekends, so going up there isn't a big deal because I have no pressing projects at home right now.

For my work, I ended up getting a fantastic deal on a Fuji ACR 1.0 frame that fit me much better than my Trek road bike did. I am also learning a lot about how bikes work. I'm getting the most out of it by just helping out where I can, which is mainly organizational stuff, right now and the occasional customer. I'm not getting paid or anything, but its totally worth my time, because I'm learning a lot.

Yesterday, I did a ride at Cedar Hill State Park. Here's a link from my Garmin:
Cedar Hill State Park by cherokee9040 at Garmin Connect - Details

Today I rode River Legacy twice. It was HOT!:
River Legacy Off Road 4th of July 2011 1st Lap by cherokee9040 at Garmin Connect - Details

River Legacy Off Road 4th of July 2011 2nd Lap by cherokee9040 at Garmin Connect - Details

I was sore from yesterday's ride, but forced myself to get onto the bike around 10 to commemoreate my ride last year on the 4th that got me back into riding. That's all for today, but I'm ready to keep getting out there again. It's just too much fun not to ride for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment